Receiving Telegraphic Transfers
Receiving money - Inward Telegraphic Transfer
When you’re bringing money across from another country, transaction charges from the banks can take a big chunk out of your payment. With the Inward Telegraphic Transfer service from CIRCLE you can receive payments into your Australian Bank account promptly and reliably.
What is an Inward Telegraphic Transfer?
An Inward Telegraphic Transfer (also known as an “Inward Wire”) is an electronic transfer of funds directly credited to your account from an overseas remitter. In most cases a TT is the quickest way to receive funds from abroad (a TT will normally take 2-3 business days1 to be credited to your account.
How does it work?
The remitter should send the funds in their own currency, and Western Union Business Solutions will convert them into Australian Dollars before forwarding to CIRCLE for credit to your account. Funds can be received in over 35 currencies.
Why should I ask my sender to send money via this service?
- Better value for you – you are not charged a beneficiary deduct fee*, so you will receive the full amount of your incoming payment.
- Better value for senders – no fee is charged by Western Union Business Solutions to process your payment
- Peace of mind – you can be confident that their payments are being handled by foreign exchange specialists with reliable systems ready to deliver your payment fast.
- Wide range of currencies - click here to view the currency list
What do I need to do to receive money to my account?
- Click on the link below – Receive money from overseas
- Choose the country you are receiving funds from.
- Complete the relevant information in the online form and submit.
- You will then be presented with deposit instructions in a PDF file. Please save it for your reference and email it to your payee/ follow payment instructions.
- Ask the sender to:
- present these instructions to their bank when sending the payment to you
- deposit the amount into the dedicated account as stated in the instructions in local currency and not in AUD
- instruct bank teller to include payment note CIRCLE 01905-FI and your name in the bank’s reference field as specified in the PDF deposit instructions
* Unless otherwise stated the financial products and services referred to on this website are provided by CIRCLE. CIRCLE has entered into arrangements with Western Union Business Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 150 129 749; AFSL 40409) (“WUBS”) whereby WUBS assists CIRCLE to fulfil certain foreign exchange and payment services, including telegraphic transfers and foreign cheque conversions. WUBS is an operating division of the Western Union Company. CIRCLE has a revenue share arrangement with WUBS.
Fees & Charges and Terms & Conditions apply. It's important for you to consider the relevant terms and conditions and our Financial Services Guide and Fees & Charges brochure before you decide whether or not a financial product is right for you.
This website has been prepared solely for informational purposes and does not in any way create any binding obligations or make any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, express or implied. Any advice is general in nature and does not take account of your personal objectives, financial situation or needs.
Please note: Payments in some instances, may be sent via a network of correspondent banks, which levy a small handling charge on your payment. Any such fees, and payment delays, are out of our control.
1. Funds are usually received by the beneficiary bank within 2 to 3 business days however delays may be experienced with allocation of funds to the beneficiary account by the beneficiary bank. There is no delivery period guarantee. Some currencies may take longer than others to process.