News & Updates
- Posted 14 May 2019
Did you know:*
- 40% of Victorians suffering homelessness are under 25 years of age
- There are over 6,000 youth who are homeless in Melbourne today
- There aren’t even 150 refuge beds available for homeless youth
- Melbourne City Mission (MCM) assists the homeless as young as 12 years old
- Domestic/family violence was a factor in over half of cases presented to MCM
- 43% of youth assisted by MCM had a mental health diagnosis and 35% had concerns about their mental health
- Many homeless youth have financial health issues
- Many homeless youth have legal issues, mainly unpaid transport fines
We think these statistics are alarming and something needs to be done.
That’s why, on May 16, our staff from Deer Park are going to sleep out at the MCG to raise money to help Melbourne City Mission “put youth homelessness to bed”.
Do you also think these statistics are alarming?
Please donate here to help us help Melbourne City Mission.
Every dollar counts, so even a few dollars would be greatly appreciated.
We’d also love it if you could share this information with your family and friends.
Please support us now.
* Information taken from http://bulletin.frontyard.org.au/#stats 2 May 2019.