Take Control Publications
The Take Control series of booklets cover a range of areas to help individuals improve their personal finances. They include a practical guide on managing credit and basic budgeting, guides on how to purchase a home or car, and information on insurance and wealth creation. The booklets have been made available as a resource to all credit unions, mutual building societies, mutual banks, and to community organisations throughout Australia.
The Take Control series was launched by the Hon Chris Bowen MP, the then Minister for Financial Services, Superannuation and Corporate Law and Minister for Human Services.
The six booklets in the Take Control series are:
- Dollars & Cents: A Practical Guide to Budgeting & Saving
- Wheels: A Practical Guide to Buying a Car
- Credit Wise: A Practical Guide to Getting & Managing Credit
- Golden Egg: A Practical Guide to Wealth Creation
- Bricks & Mortar: A Practical Guide to Buying Property
- Lock & Key: A Practical Guide to Protecting Yourself & Your Assets
These are available to download (in PDF) by clicking a cover below.